This is a blog about my experiences as a sibling to the best little brother who happens to have down syndrome. We’re here to share our stories, sources, advice, and love! I love my brother and how he effects my life. He has literally shaped me and has taken control of my life and I want to share it with you!
Get to Know Us:
- We are five years apart
- Our parents are from El Salvador
- We live in NOLA
- We have a lot to share!
- Joel is nearing adulthood (how scary!)
- He loves Marvel and Doctor Who
- He loves to dance and play basketball
- My name is Raquel
- I work at Louisiana’s PTI (Parent Information and Training Center)
- I’m a twin
- Joel is my life
To try and teach Joel some skills as well raise funds Joel’s vocational program, we started making soaps, candles, greeting cards, and more at local craft fairs and flea markets. You can check out some our stuff at our shop or you help us out by donating below. Thanks.
Donation for Joel’s Vocational Program
Please consider donating or visiting our shop.